Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Playing Cards


            I chose the Jack of Spades from a traditional deck of cards for a few reasons. One is because of the design. The drawing of the 17th century aristocrat is colorful and has intricate details. Like the other face cards it has a Siamese twin style and is definitely more interesting than the numbered cards in the deck. I think there would be fun ways in which to update the Jack to a more modern and current style. I am also partial to the Jack because it shares my initial "J". Lastly I chose the Jack of Spades because it’s the "one eyed Jack"!


           I have a box of baseball cards in my closet. I knew exactly which card I wanted my parents to send to me. It is Yankee pitcher Andy Pettitte. He has been a great pitcher for the Yankees just about my whole life. I have seen him pitch at Yankee stadium a few times and was always a lot of fun. I like this card. I like his stance on the mound. I also like the photography style used. Andy is in focus and the crowd is out of focus. Andy Pettitte has recently come out of retirement, I am happy about that. I guess I need his new baseball card.

           When I was little, Pokémon was everywhere. Back then it was sort of a rule that if you see a product with Pikachu’s face on it, you automatically had to buy it. That being said, my favorite Pokémon of all time was definitely Squirtle. Not only is he probably the most well known water-type Pokémon (which is my favorite element), but also he evolves into Wartotle who then evolves into Blastoise, a giant turtle with cannons popping out of his shell. How awesome is that! Squirtle was also one of the starter Pokémon in the original Game Boy games. This makes him very well known to the entire Pokémon fanbase.

No comments:

Post a Comment